What makes a neighbourhood in Dubai popular?
There are different ways to look at what qualifies as a happening or ‘it’ neighbourhood in Dubai. Some elements are obvious; the architecture needs to stand out, it needs to be classy and chic and it should reverberate with an energy that makes everyone want to live there!
The perfect illustration of all these elements coming together when it comes to Dubai properties is predictably the uber-luxurious Downtown Dubai. It ticks off all the obvious elements of a great place to invest in, but what makes a Downtown Dubai address so desirable is that extra something it offers. It’s hard to put your finger on it, but living here in Luke’s opinion makes you feel like an absolute rockstar!
With over 19 years of experience in the property market, Luke Remington is one of the leading experts in Dubai real estate. (...) His positive management, can-do attitude and engaging leadership style have been instrumental in turning haus & haus into one of the most respected real estate agencies in the country. bayut.com
BEST AREAS TO LIVE IN DUBAI AND INVEST IN REAL ESTATE
Luke’s advice for first-time buyers, singles, couples and families for real estate investments in Dubai
- Two of the best options for first-time property buyers are villas or apartments in Jumeirah Village Circle and Arjan. These areas offer an average return of 7-8% and will be completed soon.
- For a single person wanting to invest in Dubai real estate, studios in Palm Views or Club Vista Mare in Palm Jumeirah are great options. It’s easily one of the best areas to live for singles in Dubai, right at the doorstep of some of the city’s most popular hotspots!
- One of the best areas to live for couples in the city would be the Marina Promenade in the Dubai Marina in the Dubai Marina, brimming with trendy nightclubs cafes and restaurants. The beach at JBR is also a short walk away, so there’s plenty to keep young couples excited in Dubai Marina.
- ‘For families looking to invest in Dubai property, villas in Arabian Ranches are the best option’, Luke said speaking from personal experience. ‘It’s a lovely gated community with amazing pools, walks, jogging tracks and pretty much everything a family would be looking for.’
Best waterfront properties to invest in Dubai
In terms of ready communities, the Walk at JBR, with its selection of family-friendly retail and dining outlets, is one of the best waterfront areas to live in Dubai. The neighbourhood is also witnessing some renewed interest for real estate investment in Dubai thanks to the Blue Water islands project.
Best off-plan projects to invest in Dubai real estate
The Beachfront by master-developer Emaar is easily one of the best off-plan projects to invest in Dubai real estate today. Emaar has built a reputation for building and developing some of the city’s most eye-catching projects. Their high standards in terms of construction and maintenance, combined with the spectacular waterfront locations, makes this development a clear winner.
Things to consider for those investing in off-plan properties in Dubai
- Set out your objectives clearly in terms of budgets and expectations. If you are planning to invest under AED 1M, your best option is a studio in Palm Jumeirah with a net return of 7-8%. With more capital, a villa in Arabian Ranches in the AED 1-2M range will be a better option for higher longterm rental yields. It’s also one of the best areas to live for families in Dubai, ensuring a steady investment interest in the area.
- Pay close attention to the developer: buy off a developer with a solid reputation for delivering on time and maintaining the development to high standards on completion.
This article was originally published here on bayut.com